Heading north from downtown Asheville on Merrimon Ave, there are a few key stops you may want to make when on the hunt for great beer on tap.
1. Luella’s Barbecue – One of our favorite places for barbecue in the Asheville area. Lots of craft beer on tap and also a full bar. Bar area and full restaurant.
2. The Bywater – This place is the Beer Only bar. Lots of taps and also wine and cocktails available. Great Asheville Beer setting and crowd. No food available, beer snacks periodically, allows outside delivery from places like Favilla’s NY Pizza, Valet Gourmet, etc. This is the only bar on the list that is not on Merrimon Ave, but it is worth the small detour.
3. Asheville Pizza – Great selection of local craft beer from their brewery and also several guest taps. Pizza everywhere, also a game room and movie theater. Nice place for the whole family.
4. Avenue M AVL – 14 taps, an outside patio, a full restaurant and a nice lounge area. Great food and cocktails.Tuesdays are local craft beer on tap night and trivia night. This is one of our favorite eating spots on the northside of town. Try the beef medallions appetizer!
5. Northside Grill – Lots of beer on tap including several local craft brews. Also a full restaurant, pool tables upstairs, jukebox and 2 bars. This is the last stop north before heading past Beaver Lake and into the Woodfin community.
6. Mother and Son Bistro – 3 beer taps and getting ready to possibly go to 8 locals and craft beer. No bar area, only tables inside and outside, but a beer bar may be coming soon. Full restaurant with many baked goods and desserts. Local beer used periodically in certain special cooked dishes. This is the furthest spot north before hitting Weaverville, where Blue Mountain Pizza and Jack of Hearts will be reigning and our choices when we are out that way.
Article by G Social Media