When you think about Asheville breweries, the first thing that comes to mind is craft beer of course. But after a short time, and a few brews, your stomach starts to kick in and put in a food request. You can always go to a restaurant that features plenty of local Asheville beer, as so many places do. Barley’s Pizza for example is a staple in downtown Asheville, and although Highland Brewing started their operation in the basement, they have never actually brewed any beer themselves. Instead they have a pizzeria that hosts craft beer taps from the local area, as well as specialty nationwide taps.
Many of you want that brewery experience. In the past, breweries kind of strayed away from food for the most part. Some did not want to seem competitive with eateries, while other just didn’t want the responsibility of food. Because if the food is not great, the beer begins to not taste so great either; consistency is important. So they either offered bar snacks or maybe even featured one of the local food trucks.
Now several breweries in Asheville are serving some delicious food options, and we even caught ourselves going there for the food first, and drinking a brew as an afterthought.
Here are the Asheville breweries-eateries that you must try:
- Sweeten Creek Brewing – they have their own brews on taps as well as several guest taps, and they are all good! But the sandwiches are out of this world. This spot will easily become your favorite sandwich shop. (featured in photo 1)
- Bhramari Brewhouse – talk about some amazing food and brews, this place has it all. You do not want to come to Asheville without stopping here for a beer and something to eat. (featured in photo 2)
- Wicked Weed Brewing – this place did not go from zero to hero by mistake. It was a calculated plan of stellar craft beer, mixed with a bunch of food options.
- Lexington Avenue Brewery – a local hangout in downtown Asheville that features many craft beer taps, a menu with lots of food, and one of the best people watching patios in the area.
- Asheville Pizza & Brewing – what goes better with a bunch of local craft beer taps than pizza? This spot has always been on point, and perfect if you are looking for a pizza & pub food spot that specializes in brewing their own beer.