A tragedy such as the Connecticut School Shootings affect this Country as a whole. As we approach the end of 2012, some heinous crimes are being committed. Some are verbal about this sadness and express it greatly, while others ponder it on the inside and grieve. We have personally done a little of both at different times. Joseph, an Asheville area teenager, did a survey and asked 15 of his connections about the shootings. Here is what they had to say:
1. Julia A – Well I was really upset when I found out about it. The fact that a grown man killed these children or that the fact that he was a coward and killed himself to escape punishment.
2. Taylor K – It was absolutely terrible. The guy that did that was obviously crazy and he shouldn’t have killed himself just so he could go through life with the torture of everyone hating on him for hurting innocent children.
3. Mikela H – If you Google it on the news it says he had a personality disorder.
4. Ben H – If I could, I would have no problem shooting that man in the face.
5. Starla B – I think its truly tragic and personally I was truly dumbfound by how heartless someone could be. Those children had the rest of there life to look forward to and the shooter’s took that away from them. My heart and prayers go out to the families and community affected.
6. Hailey D – I think it’s wrong that a man would want to shoot little kids. He had no right to do it. It makes me sick knowing he planned on doing it. Those little kids did nothing wrong to him, so why shoot them?
7. Mike H – I don’t know what to say about it i mean it was horrible they found out there was 26 bodies.
8. Emily B – I think the world is really coming to be a horrible place. Parents shouldn’t worry about there children going to school… But God has gained a lot of beautiful Angel’s lately.
9. Destiny M – Well..it was devastating and heartbreaking and a tragedy for America.
10. Meagan L – It’s sad, and I feel bad for the families that lost their kids but it’s a sad fact of live.
11. Ashliee C – Well my opinion is that it is terrible & the poor innocent kids lost their lives. Overall I hope they make schools safer for children.
12. Kenny K – A terrible incident, bless the children and their families, no one child should have to worry about going to school… it is supposed to be a safe place, bless the kids in that school, and their families.
13. Sydney F – It breaks my heart! I’m very scared to send my children to school in the future.
14. Bethany M – I just think its horrible that so many kids had to be taken away for America to realize they had to start to do something about it.
15. Amanda P – I think it’s complete bullshit and that the guy deserves to burn. I think it’s ridiculous those kids had a lot planned in their future and now they don’t get to experience it because of him. It’s before the holidays. I know their parents are tore up. It makes me grateful of what I have though.
The Connecticut School Shooting is the worst in US history. The world did end far too early for so many just yesterday. Please take a moment to honor these lost lives; and then another moment to be grateful for your own life and the loved ones around you.
***The photo at the top of this article is a screenshot that a local teenager posted on her Instagram profile with the caption.. “This made me cry…”