The Asheville Pizza Showdown is featuring some great pizzerias from the Western North Carolina area. There are plenty of Pizza places in the AVL area. Some did not make the first draft and some could not stand up to the fierce competition; but here are the 8 that made it:
1. Strada Italiano – this was our 1st place winner of the Cheese Pizza category in 2010. They are coming back this year to hold up their title.
2. Frank’s Roman Pizza – this was our 1st place winner of the 5 Topping Pizza category in 2010. Barry says they are ready and coming to win again.
3. Vinnie’s Italian – this was our 1st place winner of the People’s Choice Pizza category in 2010. They are coming back to keep their title.
4. Pomodoros Cafe – this year they are coming back with a great pizza to showoff and down!
5. Favilla’s Pizza – new entry from West Asheville, lots of fans and getting ready to battle it out for a win.
6. Woody’s Pizza – new AVL entry from East Asheville and ready to showdown! White pizza champs battle in the cheese and 5 topping categories.
7. Rollin Stone Pizza Company – new WNC entry into the Asheville Pizza Showdown from Black Mountain NC!
8. The Pizza Shop – new WNC entry from Spruce Pine NC! Also featuring their beer from Dry County Brewing.
All of these places are already winners to us and many. These are the cream of the pizza crop. Maybe they are not to you, yet. But go and check them out, and you will surely have a new fave on your must eat list. All of these great pizzerias are coming out to support Manna Foodbank and the local community they are a part of every day.
Get Your Tickets Here: Asheville Pizza Showdown 2012
And Special Thanks to our Sponsors!